United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (April 1, 2020)
Location: Siargao, Philippines
Potential Sweeper Flight Siargao-Manila on April 4 – Update
All interested U.S. citizens who have not yet emailed ACSInfoManila@state.gov should do so immediately. Please use the subject line: SIARGAO FLIGHT.
Please include the following information for all U.S. citizens wishing to take this flight: full name (as in your U.S. passport), U.S. passport number, date of birth, a valid telephone number, email address, and state your request to be enlisted in the Siargao-Manila sweeper flight.
The Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT) relayed the following:
- There is a potential Siargao-Manila sweeper flight on April 4.
- Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
- The cost of the flight from Siargao to Manila is approximately Php 17,500 per passenger (children two years old and below are free).
- Payment in cash only, to be paid at the airport upon departure.
- There is a baggage allowance of 25 kilos per person.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy at ACSInfoManila@state.gov with the requested information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.