United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
United States Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
March 17, 2021
Health Alert: Temporary Ban on Entry into the Philippines and New Restrictions
The Philippine government has suspended the entry of all foreign nationals and returning Philippine citizens who are not Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), effective March 20, 2021, through April 19, 2021. The number of inbound international passengers will be further limited to 1,500 per day. For information on exemptions to the suspension, see our COVID-19 page.
Separately, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is introducing new movement limitations in the National Capital Region for minors up to 17 years of age, effective March 17-31. Restrictions may vary by local government unit within the NCR. See the MMDA website for more information.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the Philippine Department of Health website and the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for updated information about conditions in the Philippines.
- Direct questions about Philippine immigration and visa issues to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI) or see BI’s social media page.
- Consult the Philippine’s National Task Force Against COVID-19 social media page for information and updates.
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines: +63(2) 5301-2000 or ACSInfoManila@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook