United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
United States Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
May 14, 2021
Health Alert: Quarantine Update, May 15-31, 2021
Below are the current quarantine classifications according to the Philippine government:
General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions May 15, 2021, through May 31, 2021:
NCR Plus – Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite, and Laguna;
General Community Quarantine (GCQ) May 15, 2021, through May 31, 2021:
Luzon – Apayao, Baguio City, Benguet, Kalinga, Mountain Province, Abra, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Viscaya, Batangas, Quezon, and Puerto Princesa;
Mindanao – Iligan City, Davao City, and Lanao Del Sur.
Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) May 15, 2021, through May 31, 2021:
Santiago City, Quirino, Ifugao, and Zamboanga City.
All other areas are under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ). For quarantine classification protocols and regulations, visit the Philippine COVID -19 website. The Philippine government mandated all persons to wear full-coverage face shields together with face masks while in public places. Local governments continue to implement additional requirements to slow the virus’ spread.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the Philippine Department of Health website and the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for updated information about conditions in the Philippines.
- Consult the Philippine’s National Task Force Against COVID-19 social media page for information and updates.
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines: +63(2) 5301-2000 or ACSInfoManila@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook