Health Alert: Availability of COVID-19 Tests and Results
Event: Availability of COVID-19 antigen and RT-PCR tests may be limited, and test results may be delayed, because of an increase in demand for COVID-19 testing.
Testing capacity and the ability to provide timely results prior to travel may be constrained in certain locations in the Philippines. U.S. citizens may experience delays in scheduling COVID-19 antigen and RT-PCR tests, as well as delays in delivery of results from these tests, due to a recent significant increase in demand for COVID-19 testing. These delays, which have occurred in other countries during spikes in COVID-19 infections, could continue for the next two to four weeks.
Action to take:
- Work directly with your testing provider if you require test results within a certain timeframe, including for travel to the United States.
- Review your testing provider’s requirements before your appointment, including identification requirements and payment options.
- Consult the Philippine Department of Health’s list of accredited testing center.
- Monitor the Embassy’s COVID-19 information page for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Manila: +63 (2) 5301-2000; ACSInfoManila@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter