Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines!
To view a current list of local vacancies at the U.S. Department of State and to apply online, please click:
Visit the following pages for additional information:
ERA Information Page – read instructions and tips to successfully apply
ERA System Maintenance Schedule – ERA will be unavailable on these dates
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Employment
All applications for local vacancies at the U.S. Department of State must now be submitted through ERA to be considered. We no longer accept emailed, faxed, or paper applications. DS-174 Application Form is no longer required.
To those who are seeking for internship, please know that we are not currently accepting applications for our Local Internship Program. If you are an American Citizen and would like information about internships, please follow this link: Internships for U.S. Citizens.
Feel free to check other current job vacancies under the different U.S. agencies below:
NAVAL FACILITIES ENGINEERING COMMAND (NAVFAC) - FAR EAST, JAPAN
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) in Far East, Japan is looking for interested applicants in the Philippines to apply to their current vacancy announcement. Please note that they are managing their own recruitment process. Applications for them will NOT be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply to their vacancy should follow the application process provided in their vacancy announcement:
- Natural Resource Specialist, OG-0401-12 (click here)
- Announcement number: DG-003-2021
- Salary: $28,880.00 – $44,549.00 per annum
- Working hours: 40 hours/week
- Closing date: April 23, 2021
- Basic Function of the Position: The position is responsible for: ensuring proper protection, enhancement, conservation and management of wildlife and natural resources (including any species of flora and fauna and their habitats); ensuring proper protection, preservation and management of listed historic and cultural resources; the implementation of the environmental management system (EMS) equivalent to ISO 14001 international standards; conducting (EMS) training and audits of facilities and operations under the organization; and ensuring that all operations (i.e., domestic, administrative, industrial, construction) and projects (during project planning and execution) comply with applicable environmental regulatory requirements equivalent to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Standards.
- How to Apply: Resumes must be received via email at Human Resources Office by the closing date of the announcement. Send your application to: HROAtsugi@fe.navy.mil ; Debbie.Tolentino.RP@fe.navy.mil; Ghia.Canave.RP@fe.navy.mil
- Additional Information: Applicants will receive email confirmation that documents were received. Please consider file size limitations when emailing. Recommend applicants list all the documents that are included in their application. All applications must show the announcement number and grades applying for. Do not submit copies of position/job descriptions, training certificates or other extraneous material not requested. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make a copy of the application attachments for future use AND the documents are formatted properly (Word document or PDF). Each applicant is responsible for submitting complete information on his/her qualifications to include an accurate description of experience and dates of experience. Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualifications requirements as of the closing date of the announcement. Failure to submit required information or to meet the closing may result in a loss of consideration for the position for which you are applying.
- For more information, contact: DIEGO GARCIA HRO SUPPORT OFFICE / Phone: +246-370-4140
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (USAID)
Please note that U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) manages their own recruitment process. Applications to this agency will NOT be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply to their vacancy should follow the application process provided in their vacancy announcement.
- USAID Project Management Specialist (HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment), FSN-11
- Closing date: 14 April 2021 11:59PM Philippine time
- Point of Contact: Executive Office/Human Resources Division, USAID/Philippines, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Apply:
- Applications must be received on or before 14 April 2021, 11:59PM Philippine time and submitted at email@example.com with subject line indicating the solicitation number – 72049221R10006.
- Qualified applicants are required to submit the following:
a. Cover letter/Letter of Interest: The cover letter should contain an overview of the offeror’s qualifications and must state how the applicant meets the minimum education and prior work experience qualifications as stated in Section II of this solicitation.
b. Current resumé/curriculum vitae (CV): The CV/resumé must contain sufficient relevant information to evaluate the offer in accordance with the stated evaluation criteria. Please indicate period of employment for each job in this format MMMM dd, yyyy (e.g., July 01, 2015 to December 31, 2020).
c. Transcript of records (TOR): The TOR should reflect the date of graduation.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS (USDVA)
Please note that U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) manages their own recruitment process. Applications to this agency will NOT be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply to their vacancies should follow the application process provided in each of their vacancy announcement.
- We are currently not accepting applications for USDVA.
AMERICAN BATTLE MONUMENTS COMMISSION (ABMC)
Please note that American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) in the Philippines manages their own recruitment process. Applications to this agency will NOT be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply to their vacancies should follow the application process provided in each of their vacancy announcement.
- We are currently not accepting applications for ABMC.
The U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is one of America’s largest overseas missions staffed by both American and Filipino national employees. The Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.