Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines!
To check our current job vacancies and to apply, please visit this page: Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA)
The Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) shifted our recruitment from a paper-based process to a web-based system. We no longer accept emailed, faxed, or paper applications. DS-174 Application Form is no longer required. All applications must now be submitted through ERA to be considered.
ERA RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOU
OTHER INFORMATION AND POLICIES
Please note that the following agencies: U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Philippines, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (USDVA), Peace Corps, and American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) manage their own recruitment processes. Only the applications to these agencies will not be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply to these agencies may still check their vacancies on this job page and should follow the application process provided in each of their vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should also check the link/s below to obtain essential tips on how to be a successful employee of the U.S. Embassy:
- Eight Qualities of Overseas Employees (PDF 128KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in Applying (click)
- Veterans Preference Policy change (PDF 78KB)
- Effective April 1, 2016, Ordinarily Resident (OR) U.S. Veterans will no longer receive a hiring preference for positions advertised in the mission. OR U.S. Veterans are encouraged to apply for positions in the mission for which they are eligible and qualified; however, as stated above, OR US Veterans will no longer receive a hiring preference effective April 1, 2016.
- OR U.S. Veterans who are currently employed in the mission may remain employed; however, effective April 1, 2016, they will no longer receive a hiring preference when competing for internal vacancies.
REMINDERS FOR APPLICANTS
To be a successful applicant, remember your ERA password and manage your ERA seeker account.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain his/her credentials to ERA
- In creating your ERA Account, make sure to provide a password that you will easily remember
- In case you forgot your password, the account lock is only TEMPORARY – after 30 minutes, ERA will allow you to log in again
- In case you can no longer remember your password, the system ONLY allows two options:
- Click the password reset hyperlink or,
- Create a new account
- We will send you an email ONLY IF your application has progressed to the next step in the recruitment process. Follow-up is not needed. You will need to wait for at least four (4) weeks after the closing date of the vacancy to know if you have been shortlisted for next level.
- Make sure to check your email regularly including the junk or spam folders so you wouldn’t miss any updates or further instructions.
Again, all applications must now be submitted through ERA to be considered.
For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in Applying.
CURRENT JOB VACANCY IN THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS (USDVA)
Please note that US Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) manages their own recruitment processes. Applications to this agency will not be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply can check the vacancy announcement link below and should follow the application processes provided in the vacancy announcement:
- Accountant, LS-0510-7/9 target 9
- Closing Date: December 27, 2018
CURRENT JOB VACANCIES IN THE JOINT US MILITARY ASSISTANCE GROUP - PHILIPPINES (JUSMAG-P)
Please note that Joint U.S. Military Assistance Group (JUSMAG) manages their own recruitment processes. Applications to this agency will not be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply can check the vacancy announcement link below and should follow the application processes provided in the vacancy announcement:
The U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is one of America’s largest overseas missions staffed by both American and Filipino national employees. The Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.