Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines!
To check our current job vacancies and to apply, please visit this page:
The Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) shifted our recruitment from a paper-based process to a web-based system. We no longer accept emailed, faxed, or paper applications. DS-174 Application Form is no longer required. All applications must now be submitted through ERA to be considered.
ERA RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOU
OTHER INFORMATION AND POLICIES
Please note that the following agencies: U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Philippines, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (USDVA), Peace Corps, and American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) manage their own recruitment processes. Only the applications to these agencies will not be processed on ERA system. Applicants who are interested to apply to these agencies may still check their vacancies on this job page and should follow the application process provided in each of their vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should also check the link/s below to obtain essential tips on how to be a successful employee of the U.S. Embassy:
- Eight Qualities of Overseas Employees (PDF 128KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in Applying (click)
- Veterans Preference Policy change (PDF 78KB)
- Effective April 1, 2016, Ordinarily Resident (OR) U.S. Veterans will no longer receive a hiring preference for positions advertised in the mission. OR U.S. Veterans are encouraged to apply for positions in the mission for which they are eligible and qualified; however, as stated above, OR US Veterans will no longer receive a hiring preference effective April 1, 2016.
- OR U.S. Veterans who are currently employed in the mission may remain employed; however, effective April 1, 2016, they will no longer receive a hiring preference when competing for internal vacancies.
CURRENT JOB VACANCY IN THE U.S. EMBASSY MANILA, PHILIPPINES
List of current vacancies in the U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines will be posted here for reference. Interested applicants will need to log-in to ERA Job Seeker site to apply.
1.) Administrative Assistant (Trainee Level for 1-Year), LES-6 – Closing date: August 18, 2018; 11:59AM Philippine Time
2.) Chauffeur, LES-4 – Closing date: August 28, 2018; 11:59AM Philippine Time
Following the implementation of ERA, we are following Washington D.C time (Eastern Standard Time). If ERA vacancy closing date is July 25, 2018, that means the vacancy will be closed on July 26, 2018 at 11:59AM Philippine Time). Late submissions are not eligible.
Read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in Applying for more details.
CURRENT JOB VACANCY IN UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (USAID)
USAID is one of the U.S. Agencies under the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines that manages their own recruitment process. Applications to their vacancies are NOT submitted thru ERA. Please follow their application instructions as provided below.
1. Secretary, FSN-06 – Closing Date/Time: August 24, 2018 / 11:59PM Manila Time
1. Interested applicants are required to submit an application letter and a comprehensive resume.
2. Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
*Note: Only applications received within the specified solicitation period will be considered: August 12, 2018 (12:00AM) – August 24, 2018 (11:59PM)
3. All applicants are requested to prominently indicate the following:
a. solicitation number (Solicitation No.: USAID-2018-09) in the subject line of their email submission;
b. source of the vacancy announcement (e.g. name of newspaper, website, social media)
4. The DS-174 form is not a requirement for USAID vacancy applications.
The U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is one of America’s largest overseas missions staffed by both American and Filipino national employees. The Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.