The Public Affairs Section (PAS) announces the fully-funded 2020 Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Secondary Educators.
Deadline: Friday, 10 January 2020, 11:59 p.m.
The four-week Study of the United Sates Institutes (SUSIs) offers secondary school educators academic residencies at U.S. universities and college. Through lectures, seminars, workshops, site visits, and cultural activities, SUSIs examine the history and evolution of U.S. institutions and values, and highlight contemporary political, social, and economic debates in American society. SUSI concludes with a one-week study tour showcasing the cultural, geographic, and ethnic diversity of the United States.
The focus of the Institutes will be on providing content and materials for participants to develop high school level curricula about the United States. Two of the Institutes are tailored for secondary school teachers; please note that the Institutes for Teachers focus on content and materials about the United States rather than teaching methods and pedagogy. The third Institute is tailored for experienced administrators including teacher trainers, curriculum developers, textbook writers, department of education officials, and others.
The Institutes will happen between May to July 2020.
- Are residents and citizens of the Philippines
- Are between the ages of 30-50
- Are mid-career, highly-motivated, and experienced secondary school teachers and administrators
- Have firm plans to enhance, update or develop courses and/or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component
- Are individuals who will introduce or enhance aspects of U.S. studies into their high school
- Have little or no prior experience in the United States
- Have professional English proficiency
- Are able to fully participate in an intensive post-graduate level academic program and study tour of key cities in the United States
Complete the attached application form and send to VallejosHR@state.gov with the email subject line: SUSI for Secondary Educators_[Applicant’s last name]. Deadline for submission of applications is midnight of Friday, 10 January 2020.
Only successful applicants will be notified.