The United States is the leading higher education destination for students around the world. The knowledge and skills international students develop on U.S. campuses prepare them to become the next generation of world leaders who can work across languages, cultures, and borders to solve shared global challenges. According to the Institute for International Education’s Open Doors Report, the number of international students in the U.S. increased by seven percent to a record high of 886,052 in 2013-2014.
EducationUSA in the Philippines
EducationUSA is a global network of more than 400 advising centers supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State.
EducationUSA Philippines is the official, trusted source of information about U.S. higher education based in the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy. EducationUSA Philippines provides Filipino students and their parents with free unbiased, accurate, comprehensive, and current information on how to apply to an accredited U.S. university or college. EducationUSA’s “Your 5 Steps to U.S. Study” help to guide students through both undergraduate and graduate application processes.
Our services also include:
- Creating a plan, choosing a school, obtaining financial aid, applying for admission, getting a student visa and preparing for departure.
- Offering one-on-one advising via in person appointments, emails, phone calls, the internet, group advising, events and workshops
- Providing digital resources and publications on various topics:
- Finding a university/college
- Essay writing/Personal statement
- Culture in the U.S.
- Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Standardized Tests
- Student Visas
- Pre-departure Orientation
All of our services are free of charge.
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Embassy Manila
1201 Roxas Blvd.
Phone: (632) 301-4192