The E-Teacher Scholarship Program offers online, graduate level courses on Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) to English teaching professionals living outside of the United States through the University of Oregon. Participants who successfully finish a course receive a certificate of completion from the course provider.
E-Teacher 10-week online courses are offered during four terms in an Academic Year. For information about the available course and description for each, click here.
How to Apply:
The program is open by nomination only. Interested English language professionals should contact the Regional English Language Office of the U.S. Embassy Manila for up-to-date information. U.S. Embassies manage the selection and nomination of candidates.
The Office of English Language Programs does not accept direct applications.
See more at: http://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/e-teacher-scholarship-program#sthash.KVWrdbve.dpuf
Eligibility and Application Overview:
Candidates should be highly motivated teachers, teacher trainers, or ministry officials who are both dedicated to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues. Qualified candidates should:
- Have the ability to complete academic work at a U.S. university level (an advanced level of reading and writing in English, roughly equivalent to a minimum TOEFL score of 525/iBT 70)
- Have an understanding of English technical terms relating to computers and the Internet
- Have regular access (4-5 times/week) to a reliable, up-to-date computer with high-speed internet connectivity
- Have basic technology skills related to email, internet searches and downloads/uploads, logins/passwords, and e-file use (e.g., pdf, MS Word, Excel). Practical Applications in Listening and Speaking Skills participants require access to real-time tools such as Skype
- Have the ability to type in English well enough to perform online tasks in real-time and submit written assignments in a timely manner
- Have at least 8-10 hours per week to devote to the coursework
- Be a citizen of and reside in the nominating country at the time of the course
- Not hold dual citizenship in the United States
For more information, please email us at RELOManila@state.gov or visit us on www.Facebook.com/RELOManila.