Active-duty Military Service Members, DOD Contractors, DOD/ Federal Civilian Employees, Military Retirees, Dependents, Eligible Family Members (EFM) Appointment/ Enrollment Renewal/ DEERS Updates
We are conducting in-person appointments. We DO NOT accept walk-in appointments. You MUST submit an appointment request online. To schedule your appointment, please click here. Only confirmed appointments will be accommodated.
Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) Enrollments, Renewals, DEERS Updates, etc. are processed at the U.S. Embassy Manila, Seafront Compound. This includes enrolling new spouses and children for the first time, renewing ID Cards and making changes.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs1501 Roxas Boulevard
Pasay City, 1300
(You can input U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs into GPS or Taxi/Grab. This location is between Japan Embassy and Cuneta Astrodome.)
Only confirmed appointments will be accommodated.
- Go to Google and search for “ID Card Office Online” or visit – https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/ and click Continue on the “ID Card Office Locator & Appointments”.
- Enter location of “Manila” and click SEARCH.
- Select the “US Embassy – JUSMAGPHIL Manila”. Select the “SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT”.
- To schedule appointment, select on the date with available appointment and click “BOOK THIS APPOINTMENT” on your preferred/available time.Appointments are 30-60 days out. If you do not see any open appointment, check back in 1-2 weeks.
- Fill out needed information and click on the “SAVE” button.
- Once you have completed all the steps, your appointment is confirmed. Please take note of your appointment date, time and confirmation number
Reminder, one (1) appointment per individual / per family member.
If you wish to cancel your appointment, just click the “CANCEL APPOINTMENT” button.
You should arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment time to manage timely processing of appointments per day. If you are late, we have the right to cancel your appointment or place someone else in your time schedule to accommodate others. If you don’t show for your appointment, you will need to reschedule a new appointment.
Note: The U.S. Embassy is closed on all U.S. and Philippine Holidays. Click here for the List of Holidays.
In addition, there is always the possibility of unannounced closures due to mission requirements or system failure. We will contact you via the email address you listed during appointment scheduling, when possible.
What to Bring to the Appointment
Official Identifications / documents you must provide:
- Three (3) forms of valid picture ID, example: passport, ID with photo, Social Security card, driver’s license. The third ID will be left for security to obtain a visitor badge.
- Your old Common Access Card (CAC).
- You must provide Letter of Authorization (LOA) from your company to show start and end dates and confirmation email from your agent.
For retiree, disabled American veteran and dependents applying for USID card as shown in figure 2, you must set up an appointment through – https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/locator or click here, for requests such as initial ID card issuance, ID card renewal and DEERS information updates.
Official Identifications / documents you must provide:
- Completed DD Form 1172-2 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) To obtain the fillable DD Form 1172-2, please click here. Instructions for DD Form 1172-2, click here. To get an ID card unaccompanied by the sponsor, the family member must meet one of the following conditions.
- If the sponsor is in a different location, the sponsor must accomplish the DD Form 1172 and sign it in front of a Verifying Official at any nearest DEERS office. The Verifying Official must upload the signed form into the system and the family member must bring the form to the appointment.
- If the sponsor signs DD Form 1172 and has it notarized, the family member may bring this form unaccompanied by the sponsor.
- The family member may sign the DD Form 1172 using a special power of attorney authorizing the dependent on the sponsor’s behalf. The Power of Attorney paperwork must be brought to the appointment date.
- If the sponsor is deceased, the un-remarried spouse or unmarried former spouse may act on their own behalf (if the Spouse is already enrolled in DEERS)
Once the DD Form 1172 is signed, it is good for only up to 90 days from the date signed by the sponsor and verifying official or notary.
- Three (3) forms of valid picture ID, example: passport, ID with photo, Social Security card, driver’s license, voter’s card, and US citizenship (form N-560 OR N561).
- Your old retiree or dependent ID card (for renewal).
- For first time enrollment, you must provide original marriage certificate and birth certificate.
- For full time students turning 21 years old need to provide a letter from the school stating that you are an enrolled as a full-time student with date of enrollment and anticipated date of graduation.
- For recently retired veterans, you must provide DD Form 214 stating minimum of 20 years and honorable discharge or retirement orders (for recently retired veterans).
- For disabled American veterans, you must provide a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) office confirming your permanent 100% disability rating.
- For parent / parent-in-law, you must provide Approved Financial Dependency Determination from DFAS.
- To remove former spouse, you must provide a Divorce Decree or Death Certificate.
- To find out more information about DoD Response to COVID-19 – DoD ID Cards and Benefits, please visit the Department of Defense (DOD) official website or click here.
WARNING: Please keep in mind that communications via email over the internet are not secure. Although it is unlikely, there is a possibility that information you include in an email can be intercepted and read by other parties besides the person to whom it is addressed. Please encrypt your email containing personal identifying information such as birth date, social security, etc. with a passcode.
Updated as of 27 April 2023