An official website of the United States government

August 1, 2021


Active-duty Military Service Member, DOD Contractor, DOD/ Federal Civilian Employees, Military Retirees, Dependents, Eligible Family Members (EFM) Appointment/ Enrollment Renewal/ DEERS Updates 

We are now conducting in-person appointments. We do not accept documents drop offs at any point, all appointments are on Tuesdays and in 30 minutes time frame. You MUST submit an appointment request to maniladodid@state.gov.   

Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) Enrollments, Renewals, DEERS Updates, etc. are processed at the U.S. Embassy Manila, Seafront Compound. This includes enrolling new spouses and children for the first time, renewing ID Cards and making changes. 

NOX 3 (VA Building)
1501 Roxas Boulevard
Pasay City, 1300 


“You should arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment time. This is due to the timely process of each time slot, so we do recommend for you to arrive early. If you are late, we have the right to cancel your appointment or place someone else in your time frame to help accommodate you. Just note that it is at our discretion if no show for your appointment, you will need to reschedule a new appointment. Please note how many family members you need an appointment for so we can assign the appropriate number of appointment blocks needed. 

Note: The U.S. Embassy is closed all U.S. and Philippine Holidays. Click here for the List of Holidays. 

In addition, there is always the possibility of unannounced closures due to mission requirements or system failure. We will contact you via email address you listed during appointment scheduling when possible. 

What to Bring to the Appointment

Sample DOD ID card
Figure 1. CAC

For active-duty military service member, DOD contractor or DOD/ federal civilian employee applying for Common Access Card (CAC) as shown in figure 1, you must email maniladodid@state.gov to set up an appointment for requests such as initial ID card issuance and ID card renewal. Walk ins are accepted for CAC reset only every Tuesday from 0900 1200 HR. 

Official Identifications/ documents you must provide 

  • Two forms of valid picture ID, example: passport, ID with photo, Social Security card, driver’s license.  
  • Your old CAC Card.   
  • You must provide Letter of Authorization (LOA) from your company to show start and end dates and confirmation email from your agent.  


Figure 2. USID card

For retiree, disable American veteran and dependents applying for USID card as shown in figure 2, you must email maniladodid@state.gov to set up an appointment for requests such as initial ID card issuance, ID card renewal and DEERS information updates. 

Official Identifications/ documents you must provide 

  • Completed DD Form 1172-2 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment)  To obtain the fillable DD Form 1172-2, please click here. Instructions for DD Form 1172-2, click here.  To get an ID card unaccompanied by the sponsor, the family member must meet one of the following conditions. 
    • If the sponsor is in a different location, the sponsor must accomplish the DD Form 1172 and sign it in front of a Verifying Official at any nearest DEERS office. The Verifying Official must upload the signed form into the system, the family member may bring the form unaccompanied by the sponsor.
    • If the sponsor signs DD Form 1172 and has it notarized, the family member may bring this form unaccompanied by the sponsor. 
    • The family member may sign the DD Form 1172 using a special power of attorney authorizing the dependent on the sponsor’s behalf. 
    • If the sponsor is deceased, the un-remarried spouse or unmarried former spouse may act on their own behalf (if the Spouse is already enrolled in DEERS) 

Once the DD Form 1172 is signed, it is good for only up to 90 days from the date signed by the sponsor and verifying official or notary.   

  • Two forms of valid picture ID, example: passport, ID with photo, Social Security card, driver’s license, voter’s card, and US citizenship (form N-560 OR N561) 
  • Your old retiree or dependent ID card (for renewal) 
  • For first time enrollment, you must provide original marriage certificate and birth certificate. 
  • For full time students turning 21 years old need to provide a letter from the school stating that you are an enrolled as a full-time student with date of enrollment and anticipated date of graduation 
  • For recently retired veterans, you must provide DD Form 214 stating minimum of 20 years and honorable discharge (for recently retired veterans) 
  • For disabled American veterans, you must provide a letter from the veterans affairs office confirming your permanent 100% disability rating 
  • For parent/ parent-in-law, you must provide Approved Financial Dependency Determination from DFAS 
  • To remove ex-spouse, you must provide a divorce decree or death certificate. 

To find out more information about DoD Response to COVID-19 – DoD ID Cards and Benefits, please visit the Department of Defense (DOD) official website or click here. 

WARNING: Please keep in mind that communications via email over the internet are not secure. Although it is unlikely, there is a possibility that information you include in an email can be intercepted and read by other parties besides the person to whom it is addressed. Please encrypt your email containing personal identifying information such as birth date, social security, etc. with a passcode.  

Updated as of 25 July 2022