All correspondence is processed in the order received. We will not respond to duplicate inquiries so please refrain from sending multiple requests or follow-ups, which slows down our responses.
Visa Operations Update
The U.S. Embassy in the Philippines has expanded all routine visa services to bring down interview wait times. However, wait times for some visa classes remain longer than the pre-pandemic norm. The Embassy continues to prioritize travelers with urgent needs and certain critical categories of visas.
Immigrant Visa (IV): Immigrant Visa (IV): The Embassy is processing immigrant visas across all categories. However, with significant backlogs in most categories, wait times for interviews are lengthy for all but immediate relatives (IR-1 through IR-5). It is not possible to provide precise wait times as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling. As of September 30, 2022, most IR visa cases being scheduled for interview were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in August 2022. Most K visa cases being scheduled were documentarily complete in August 2022. Most current employment-based cases being scheduled were documentarily complete in August 2022. Most current family preference cases being scheduled are approved expedite cases and cases that were documentarily complete at National Visa Center in February 2020.
Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV):The Embassy is increasing the number of routine visa appointments in all non-immigrant visa classes starting in October 2022. If you paid a visa application fee but have been unable to schedule an appointment or have an appointment many months from now, you now have an opportunity to schedule or move up your appointment. If you made your visa (MRV) fee payment prior to October 1, 2022, you must schedule your visa appointment or submit an interview waiver application before September 30, 2023.
- Appointment Scheduling: To schedule or reschedule a visa interview appointment, go to our online appointment system at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp. There is no fee to change an appointment, but you can only reschedule up to four times. If you have difficulties rescheduling a pending appointment, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+632) 7792-8988 or (+632) 8548-8223 for specific guidance.
- Expedited Appointment Requests: While we have decreased wait times for all visa classes, business/tourism (B1/B2) visa wait times are still longer than the pre-pandemic norm. If you have emergency travel needs, please follow our guidance for requesting an expedited appointment before submitting your request via our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-expeditedappointment.asp. Please note that you must book or already have a regular appointment through our appointment system before requesting an expedited appointment. Previous and/or current interview waiver applicants are not qualified to submit expedited appointment requests.
- Interview Waiver: We continue to process renewals of business/tourism (B1/B2) visas for applicants eligible to have their interview waived as well as offer biometrics-only (fingerprint) appointments for applicants who received their last visa prior to age 14. To renew your visa through the interview waiver program, go to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visarenew.asp. The program includes H, L, O, P, and Q employment visas, and seafarer/airline crew visa reissuance.
- Group Appointments: If you are a group of five or more applicants, such as a sports team, school group, or service organization, traveling as a group for competition or events and are applying for the same purpose of travel or visa classification, you are encouraged to apply together for a group appointment. Please note that family groups are not eligible for group appointments. To learn how to apply as a group, go to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-svc-groupappointment.asp.
- Priority Interview Program: If you are an established business in the Philippines with strong business ties to the United States and regularly send your employees to the United States for business activities, you can learn more about joining our Priority Interview Program at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-svc-businessvisaprogram.asp.
Online Inquiry Form
If your visa concern and/or question was not answered by the information listed above, please submit a detailed inquiry request by completing our online inquiry form at:
We will not respond to duplicate inquiry cases so please refrain from sending multiple requests on a regular basis as this will only slow down our response time. Please wait a week before sending a follow-up inquiry for a status update if you have not received any response from the Embassy.